How to Set up a Lightbox Overlay
Picreel lets you promote special offers or convey your message in an obvious way through lightbox overlays.
For beginners, a lightbox overlay is an overlay that appears on top of the page’s content while it dims the rest of the webpage and makes it inactive. Thus, attracting the full attention of website visitors to the overlay.
Lightbox overlay helps you unlock the following benefits:
1. Ideal way to make important announcements or promote special offers
2. Effectively convert more visitors into email subscribers
Here’s an example of what a lightbox pop-up looks like:
To set up a lightbox overlay:
Step 1: In your Picreel account,
Navigate to ‘Campaigns’ from the dashboard.
Click on ‘+New Campaign.’
Step 2: On this page,
Click on ‘Lightbox’ to open the collection of predefined Lightbox overlay templates.
Hover the cursor on any template to choose to preview or customize it.
Click ‘Customize’ to edit it as per your requirements.
Step 3: On the editing page,
Click on any element on the left panel to customize the lightbox overlay as per your preferences.
Once done, click ‘Save’ to proceed further.
Step 4: On the campaign settings page,
Modify the three broad sections to set up targeting preferences for the overlay
- Basic settings: Whether your timer overlay will display on the whole site or specific pages
- When Overlay Appears: When will it trigger, and what will be the impression frequency
- Other Options: Some further options such as device type, personalization, and location, among others
Step 5: Click ‘Save’ on the top-right to finalize the changes.
That is all about setting up a lightbox overlay in Picreel.