How to Redirect Website Traffic Using Overlays
Picreel lets you redirect your website visitors to pages containing seasonal offers or provide better product choices using overlays. To make it simple, users landing on a certain page can be presented with a ‘redirect traffic’ popup that has a link to another page where you want them to land next.
Benefits of guiding visitors to a link:
1. Help them make better product choices
2. Increase conversion rates by displaying relevant offers
Here's what a website overlay to redirect traffic would look like:
In this article, you’ll learn:
1. How to Redirect Website Visitors When Creating an Overlay Using a Template
2. How to Redirect Visitors When Creating an Overlay Using the Upload Design Method
When Creating an Overlay Using Template
Step 1: Create a website overlay by picking a template.
Let's suppose you pick a "two buttons" template under the ‘Two Buttons’ section.
Step 2: In the editor, open ‘Fields & Text’ on the left panel.
Step 3: Enter the redirect URLs to guide visitors when clicking on the respective links.
Step 4: Click ‘Save’ on the top right to proceed to the campaign settings page.
When Creating an Overlay Using the Upload Design Method
Step 1: In your Picreel account,
- Choose ‘Upload Design’ under the ‘Featured’ section.
- Select ‘One button’ as the overlay type.
Step 2: Upload an image or select a pre-made design from the drop-down list.
Step 3: Drag the buttons to their respective places and resize them accordingly on the design.
Step 4: Enter the redirect URL in the space provided. Check the box to open the link in a separate window.
That is all about redirecting traffic using an overlay.