Picreel provides two ways to integrate with Google Analytics.
First, you can use UTM links.
Follow these rules to create a UTM link.
1. Go to the URL builder.
2. Enter your website URL (e.g. http://mysite.com).
3. In the Campaign Source field enter the source of your traffic that you want to track (e.g. Picreel).
4. In the Campaign Medium enter the medium upon which the link was used (e.g. popup).
5. In the Campaign Name field enter your the identification of a promoted product or campaign (e.g. myshop).
Now you can start using the acquired URL. This should look similar to:
Once the UTM link is ready, you need to redirect people to the page that you would like visitors to end up on.
Simply paste the link of the desired page in the Redirect URL field.
When you go into Google Analytics, you can see the data about anyone who has clicked on that medium compared to other links of your website. In order to see this data, follow these steps:
1. Sign into your Google Analytics profile.
2. Navigate to Traffic Sources > Sources > Campaigns. Once you started using the generated URL, you will start seeing the result of your campaign.
3. Click on Goal Sets to track the conversions compared to other links to your website using a goal you have set up for your offer. Also, you can see which traffic source led to conversions.
For detailed instructions on setting goals in Google Analytics, visit the support center
The second option is to add Google Analytics code to Picreel popup.
To start using Google Analytics in a popup, add this custom code to your HTML/CSS section:
'UA-XXXXX-Y' should be replaced with the Google Analytics property ID that you want to track (also called the "tracking ID").
'yourdomain.link' should be your link where Picreel should trigger. Enter the link without without protocol and any slashes.
These are the typical Google Analytics events we recommend:
onPicConversion - email is sent to the Leads section
onPicShowPopup - popup triggered
onPicClose - popup closed