You can set an overlay to be displayed when a specific cookie is available. To do so, please, follow these steps:
1. Click on the Campaigns category on the left side of your screen.
2. Click Targeting of the campaign you wish to edit.
3. After a URL is chosen, click Other options and Cookie targeting.
4. You may choose to show or to hide an overlay when cookies are present on your website. Just enter the name of a cookie in the Cookie name field.
5. In addition, you may set an optional parameter Cookie value to show or to hide an overlay, if a cookie has been already setup. You may leave this field blank. In this case the value of a cookie is ignored. For example, you set to show an overlay when there's a cookie named "some_cookie" with a value "1". An overlay is not displayed unless a cookie named "some_cookie" on your site has a value of "1".
5. Click Save.
Need another example?
Let’s say you have 6 cookies with such names:
And, you have 6 different campaigns. Make sure you show different campaigns to different users (depending on what cookie they get).
Navigate to targeting options and choose cookie option. In Show on this cookie fill the empty fields:
1) Cookie name - prospect_signed_in
2) Cookie compare - =
3) Cookie value - set the value or just leave it empty