There are a few troubleshooting steps to try before you contact us:
1. Is the Picreel code on the page that your template will appear on?
Right-click in an empty part of the webpage and select “View Page Source”.
Search for pcrl in your page source and make sure the Picreel code block is above the last body tag.
It should look like this:
2. Are you using the correct code that's tied to your domain?
Please, make sure that this code match with the code on your website.
3. Is your template configured to the correct URL?
Make sure the URL of the page you are viewing matches the URL pattern that the template is configured for.
Verify if the URL you're checking:
matches the one you indicated during the campaign set up.
4. Will the template display if you try to preview it?
From your dashboard press Campaigns and click Preview:
If your survey does display, you may need to double-check that the visitor is meeting all the targeting options for that template.
5. Does the page match the URL pattern for more than one template?
For example: Template A is set up to display on http://your-site.com/page/, and survey B is displaying on http://your-site.com/page/subpage/. Which one actually gets displayed?
We recommend avoiding this setup, if possible.
6. Is your campaign active?
Make sure that the campaign is activated and displayed with a 'play button':
If this article does not help or you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out at email@example.com.