“Collecting Emails” templates allow you to create email templates that include input fields. You can use this type of template for customer subscriptions or email collection for direct contact.
“Collecting Emails” templates may be integrated with services like Mailchimp, Aweber, iContact, GetResponse or any kind of other mail marketing system or 3rd party service.
You can create a “Collecting Emails” template by following these instructions:
1. Under the Templates category on the left side of the dashboard, click on the Upload Design. Your screen should look similar to the image below. Type in the name of the template you want to create on the text box provided. Click on the Collect Email template type. Click the Next Step button.
2. Click the Upload Image button to upload a custom image from your computer, or choose from our free designs on the Select design dropdown box. Your selected image should appear on the screen. Click the Next Step button.
Three boxes will appear on your screen.
The Green box (labeled Redirect Button) represents your template’s “Submit” button – which will be the one users can click in order to be brought to another page or to show them a custom message you can define later.
The Red box (labeled Cancel Button) represents your template’s “Cancel” button – which will close the pop-up. You can disable the Cancel area by ticking off the Show Cancel Area checkbox.
The Yellow box (labeled Email input) represents the area of your template where the user can enter their email address.
3. Drag the green box, red box and the yellow box to the area of the template that you wish to use as a Submit button, Cancel button and Email Input field respectively. You can resize the boxes using the arrow on its lower left corner. Your screen/template should look something like the one shown below. Once you’re done, click on the Next Step> button.
4. Fill out the Collecting email options: field with a default value that will appear on the Email Input box you specified in the previous step. If you want the user to beredirected to another link/page when they click the “Submit” button, select the Redirect radio button and type in the URL of the link you want to redirect to. If you want the user to be shown a custom message once they click the “Submit” button, select the Show Message radio button and enter the message you want to show. Click the Create button.
5. To see your newly created template, you will be redirected to the Available Templates screen. Click the Preview button beside the name and status of the template you want to view.
The preview should pop-up on your screen.
Congratulations! You’ve now created your “Collecting Emails” template.