You can track conversions with the help of Google Analytics. In order to do this, you need to paste a URL with UTM parameters into the Redirect template options field inside the Picreel system.
To integrate with Google Analytics follow these steps:
1. To create “One Button” template in Visual Editor, please, follow the instructions. When you reach step 4 (Save and Enjoy), paste the URL with UTM parameters into the Redirect template options field. Continue with the instructions.
2. To create “Collecting emails” template in Visual Editor, please, follow the instructions. When you reach step 4 (Save and Enjoy), choose Redirect option, and paste the URL with UTM parameters into the Redirect link field. Continue with the instructions.
3. To create “One-Two Button(s)” and “Timer” templates in Html Editor you need to replace in HTML code the default “http://picreel.com/ “ with your URL and UTM parameters. Click Save the template.
4. To create “One Button and email” template in Html Editor, please, select Events in the lower right corner of your screen. Choose Redirect for the Select action after event. Paste your URL with UTM parameters into the Redirect URL field. Click Save the template.
If you need help with creating the URL with UTM parameters, follow the instruction below:
1. Go to URL builder.
2. Enter your website URL (e.g. http://mysite.com).
3. In the Campaign Source field enter the source of your traffic that you want to track (e.g. Picreel).
4. In the Campaign Medium enter the medium upon which the link was used (e.g. popup).
5. In the Campaign Name field enter your own identification of a promoted product or campaign (e.g. myshop).
Now you can start using the acquired URL, which should look similar to:
When you go into Google Analytics, you can see the data about anyone who has clicked on that medium compared to other links of your website. In order to see this data, follow these steps:
1. Sign into your Google Analytics profile.
2. Navigate to Traffic Sources > Sources > Campaigns. Once you started using the generated URL, you will start seeing the result of your campaign.
3. Click on Goal Sets to track the conversions compared to other links to your website using a goal you have set up for your offer. Also, you can see which traffic source led to conversions.
For detailed instructions on setting goals in Google Analytics, visit the support center.
If you have issues with the integration, please, exclude these typical errors:
Make sure the codes are not inserted twice.
Verify that Google Analytics code is inserted on the same pages where Picreel code is inserted.
Exclude the code on system pages (e.g. API).